WiFi and 3G/4G connections
The tablets can connect to the Internet in two ways: via WiFi, or via 3G/4G. WiFi is usually faster than 3G/4G and there is no charge for data on a WiFi network.
If you are connected to a WiFi network, the tablet will use that in preference to 3G/4G. If no WiFi network is available, the tablet will attempt to use 3G/4G.
NOTE: In some areas, particularly remote country areas, there will be no 3G/4G signal, and if there is also no WiFi network available, that means no Internet access. If this happens, you should fill in a paper job sheet.
Connecting to WiFi
- Tap the “WiFi center” icon and something similar to the following will appear
- Tap on the WiFi network you want to connect to (in this case, “dj”) and a screen like this will appear:
- Enter the password (you can select the option to see the password) and tap “Connect”. If the password is correct, a screen like this will appear:
- The green tick under “Status” shows that you are now connected to the WiFi network
- Once you have connected to a specific WiFi network, it will remember that network and automatically reconnect to it without you needing to go through the connection procedure again. For example, if you connect to a WiFi network in a shop, then return to that shop, the tablet will reconnect