An emergency normally leads to panic, it is human nature. What do I do? And who do I call? These can be very common questions, especially if an emergency occurs at your place of work.
Firstly, when we talk about ‘Emergency Building Maintenance Cover’, we aren’t talking about taking out insurance as such (although that is always a good idea).We are talking about having a plan in place to cover you should an emergency maintenance issue arise at your property.
It is important to consider in advance what you should do and who you should contact if an emergency occurs. We suggest carefully choosing a reactive maintenance company with a proven background in emergency repairs and a quick response rate.
Do a little bit of research before any emergency occurs. Make sure everyone in your team knows who is supplying your emergency property maintenance. Having this sorted before hand can save you time, money and resources.
It also means you don’t have to pull out the yellow pages or do a frantic Google search. You don’t run the risk of finding a ‘Cowboy Builder’ at very short notice or someone who may not be the right person for the job.
Things you need to consider when appointing an emergency property maintenance company:
- Make sure they are reputable and check their accreditations. Any professional maintenance company should have these clearly displayed on their website or be able to provide them if asked.
- A reputable company will be there within 2 hours and will make sure that they make safe before leaving. Always ask the company about their procedures and make sure you are happy with the way they work.
- Contact your chosen company, find out how much they charge for emergency call outs. Always negotiate a rate in advance that you are happy to pay.
- Make sure the maintenance company has one number that can be called 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This helps to avoid any confusion when calling out of hours.
- Provide the company with a list of the properties that you need to be covered and contact names so they already know your sites and exactly who they will be dealing with.
- Does the company employ there own tradesmen? This is very important. You really want to make sure the company you go for directly employs their own tradesmen or uses pre vetted and experienced sub-contractors.
Here at The Building Maintenance Company we offer 24hr emergency property maintenance cover. To discuss this in more detail or discuss our planned preventative maintenance plans, contact us on 0845 601 3684 or firstname.lastname@example.org